Entry Requirements / Admission Policy
To assure that the potential student meets Cambridge Nursing Assistant Training Academy criteria for acceptance into the nursing assistant training program, the applicant must:
1. Submit a completed application along with a $25 fee.
2. Provide proof of being at least 18 years old.
3. Provide evidence of having obtained a high school diploma or GED, or foreign equivalent. If no high school documentation is available, the applicant must achieve at least a minimum passing scores on the following two sections of the Wonderlic Basic Skills test: Verbal= 200 and Quantitative=210. Applicants who are unsuccessful on the entrance examination may complete a new application for the next program offering.
Should an applicant fail to pass the Wonderlic after two attempts, the applicant must wait 3 Months before trying again so that remedial help may be obtained. Wonderlic would be responsible for grading both test and notifying the Admission Director with the results.
4. Provide evidence of a negative Tuberculosis PPD test or chest x-ray result taken within one year prior to training commencement date, and which indicates tuberculosis clearance.
5. Cambridge Nursing Assistant Training Academy will keep a copy of the PPD or chest X-ray for its records.
6. Provide evidence of a physical examination taken within one year prior to training commencement. Provide evidence of Immunization record which must include Hepatitis B vaccination or declination information.